Be the Captain of Your Happiness, (Cause Why Wouldn't You?)
Let's dive right into some content I'd like to share with you. And that's this book right here.
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, by Mark Manson
It's exactly what the title says and if any of these sound relatable to you
- Finding rejections and failures difficult to accept
- Overthinking situations/ interactions
- Getting mad over minute negative encounters during certain events or with people
- Prioritising external validation over internal belief,
I'd say definitely give this book a good read. It doesn't exactly provide structured learning content but the examples Mark provides and its accompanying insights will definitely help you shed light on how to improve your mental health and well-being.
I'd include some of my favourite takeaways to get you started.
- The act of not caring doesn't imply being indifferent (that ignorance is plain rude btw), but the importance lies in being completely comfortable about being different.
- Yearning for more positive experiences, is in itself, a negative experience. Accepting negative experiences, (ironically) is in itself, a positive experience.
- We're not entitled to be happy all the time. It doesn't come on a silver platter! Happiness is a form of action; be the captain and stay responsible for steering your experiences from distasteful to delightful.
Highly recommend this book - hope you enjoy this read!